August 29, 2009

One word....YUMMMMM

So I found this recipe for homemade granola and tried it out tonight. It was delicious! The link takes you to the recipe, but I'm going to type it here again, with my little modifications. There are so many ways I can think of modifying this yummy recipe. So here it is!

In a large bowl, mix together:
2 C rolled oats (NOT instant)
1 C peanuts or slivered almonds (I also think cashews would be delicious)
1/4 C sesame seeds
1/4 C toasted sunflower seeds
1/2 C coconut (sweetened or unsweetened are both OK)
1/4 C wheat germ (I skipped it this time because I'm cheap)

Mix them well. Pour the following over the mix:

1/4 C cooking oil (not olive oil)
1/2 C honey (if you do the oil first, the honey won't stick to the measuring cup

Mix until well coated. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, taking it out to stir every 10 minutes or so. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I sprinkled it with a mix of cinnamon & sugar before baking. After it's finished cooking, return to mixing bowl and stir in:

1/2 C raisins
1/2 C dried fruit (I used a mix of berries that had raisins in it, so just used 1 full cup of that)








If you try this out, let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment