December 30, 2009

Holy toys, Batman!

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but my house is covered from top to bottom with toys!  I didn't really feel like the kids got all that many toys (compared to previous Christmases) but apparently I was wrong!  The good this is that K is still young enough that I kept half of his toys in the boxes and will bring them out as he gets a little older and bored of his current toys.  Not so much with M though, each toy had to be taken out of the boxes immediately so all of the dolls could be introduced to the millions of other dolls in the toyroom.  Do you have any idea how many "Molly's" we have in this house?  It seems to be her favorite name.  Or "Sarah."  She doesn't know anyone with either of those names so I'm not sure where they came from.

So, I think I have figured out what each of the kids' favorite toys are so far.  K's is....none of them.  He is only interested in remote controls, straws, and socks.  Seriously.  He LIKES all of his toys, but only for about 30 seconds.  But the remote controls hold his interest for literally hours.  M really likes all of her toys, she has spent a fair amount of time playing with each and every one of them.   I think her favorite is the Step 2 roller coaster that we got for her (thanks Grandma!)  It makes her other toys more exciting as well, watching Zhu Zhu pets and K's cars roll down the coaster is almost as much fun as riding it.  We are fortunate enough to have a large playroom that fits the coaster well but I am very much looking forward to taking it outside to try it out in the yard.  Here's M's first trip down the coaster:



(Oh yes, and I've been told that I'm not allowed to post the picture of my wonderful husband riding the coaster, but I think you can picture it in your mind.  It goes without saying that he exceeds the 50 pound weight limit of the coaster, but those are just "recommendations" right? )

Jason and I got so many wonderful gifts, I can't even begin to list them all.  I think this was probably the best Christmas yet as far as gift-giving and receiving goes.  It seems as though everyone was really happy with the gifts we gave and we, of course, love all the gifts we received.  It was also a wonderful Christmas for us because we were able to make it to see my family this year.  The past two years have not been as-planned due to weather and K's birth, so it was nice to finally get a "normal" Christmas this year!  And even better, this year I wasn't 7 days into recovering from a c-section at Christmas!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and made it to their destinations!  I love this time of year but I admit I am so happy when it's over!  This quote says it best:

Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.  ~Kin Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment