October 7, 2010

pasghetti!

Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure the spaghetti that I made last night was the best ever created.  Don't buy it?  Ok, but it was REALLY good!  I'll post the recipe down below, in case you are feeling inspired to try it. 

October is an incredibly busy month for us.  We probably had 4 things on our calendar all year (yes, we are boring people.)  But this month I have something every weekend and most weeks.  First we had our garage sale last weekend.  It went great!  I had half of my basement full of totes and boxes to sell.  When it was over, I cleaned it up to fit in SIX rubbermaid totes.  I don't think I'll even have enough for a sale next year.  I did end up donating the remainder of our clothes to Goodwill.  They've been through 3 sales now and people aren't even looking at them any more.  Aside from getting rid of our stuff, we made a whopping $300 just on our stuff.  Not bad considering it was all JUNK this time around.

Later this week I am volunteering at a Walk-A-Thon at the school, and this weekend Miriam has a play date. And I get a grown-up night out with a friend!  Next week I have more volunteer activities and we have teacher conferences.  

Jason's video gaming marathon is also sneaking up on us this month!  It's not too late to donate people!  I'm sure he is looking forward to this, since he can't play a lot of his video games at home with the kiddos around.  We got one kid that would probably be scared and start crying, and another that would probably grab the nearest "weapon" (aka anything he can reach) and imitate the violence. 

I think the week I am most excited about those is at the end of the month!  We are going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall live!  Even if you aren't into Pink Floyd (I was never a huge fan) you have to admit it would be amazing to see a musical legend live!  That week we are also going to a new Rifftrax Live, this time a Halloween inspired show!  Along with trick-or-treating (or as it's called here Begger's Night) it should be a great week.

Oh yeah, and we have family pictures this month too.  I am clearly not excited for that though.  It will be Jason's family, and I'm pretty sure that 2 of the 3 children in the picture will be either screaming or running away in each picture. 

And for those that made it this far, here is the spaghetti recipe!  We both think that it's even better reheated, so try making it ahead of time if you get the chance!  It started with a recipe that I found on Krafts website, then I tweeked it to fit our taste:

1 small onion, diced (we use a little less)
1/4 C Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette (Kraft makes this, can also use Italian)
1 lb ground beef
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes (we used the ones seasoned with basil, etc)
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
oregano and basil to taste
2 T of cream cheese (the secret weapon in this recipe!)
12 oz pasta

Cook the pasta.  Saute the onion in the vinaigrette until it's slightly softened.  Add the ground beef and cook till it's done. Add the tomaotes/sauce and seasonings and simmer for 15 minutes.  Add the cream cheese and stir till it's mixed it.  Mix in the pasta and Voila!  This makes quite a bit, I would say 6-8 adult servings.  The recipe calls for the Italian dressing but we didn't really care for the taste of it, so I tried the Sun-dried tomato stuff because I had it for another recipe, and it was SOOOO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment