August 7, 2009

I hate shopping

I really do. Today it was shopping for school clothes. Little did I know as I walked into Target that it was a tax-free holiday today. No wonder there were 50 million people in the little girl's department today. As if it's not bad enough lugging around a 7-month-old and a 5-year-old, add the crowd of crazy moms trying to get the last pair of jeans in their kid's size. We ended up leaving without any clothes anyway, after arguing with a little girl who was upset that I would not let her get the Wizards of Waverly Place t-shirt that she wanted. She has no clue what that is...I have no clue what that is (other then another expensive fad created by our friends at Disney.) I did overhear a lovely mother-daughter conversation though. And by overheard, I mean I heard them yelling to each other from 20 feet apart. (Daughter was apparently trying to pick out pants:)

Mom: How much are they?
Daughter: $7.99
Mom: Why do you always have to pick the expensive $#!t???

I thought this was just lovely, as my daughter and several other little girls are standing around listening to her wonderful choice of words, but really the most humorous part is that Mom thought that $7.99 was expensive for a pair of pants for a 12 year old. Really? It's not 1960 anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment