- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed and halved
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
Directions:Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pepper and cayenne. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside. Add the peppers and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir soy sauce mixture and add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beef and linguine; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.