September 27, 2009

Sunday recipe

Thanks to my aunt Rita for this yummy cookie recipe! I have not tried it yet but am very much looking forward to it!!

Carmel Apple Cookies
  • 3 1/3 c flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 16 Tbs (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 c granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 Tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 C Kraft Caramel bits (near chocolate chips in grocery store)
  • 1 1/2 c granny smith apple, small diced or grated
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla until combined. Scrap sides as needed.

Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Stir in the apple and caramel bits until evenly distributed.

Roll dough into large golf ball sized balls (a little less than 1/4 c of dough). Lay on parchment paper lined baking sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden but the centers are still soft and puffy, 15-20 minutes.

Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Just an update...I still have not made these but I have tried them from my aunt who gave me the recipe. They are delicious! I have zero self-control so I see them being gone by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete