November 8, 2009

My baby's first bithday...

...is only a month away!  I can hardly believe it, where has the time gone?!?  I ordered the party supplies and made his birthday crown. Anyone who knows Jason won't be surprised that this will be the party theme:






and doesn't he look adorable in his birthday crown?



and yes, I know, I am bending his ear in this picture.  He's not a fan of hats so I had to be quick.  I found the pattern for this crown here and it cost me a total of $1.00 to make.  It probably took a total of 30 minutes to make, including the time it took to cut out the pieces and measure his gigantic head.  I didn't know at the time that we were doing a Super Mario party or I would have coordinated the colors better, but he'd look cute either way :)  I'm trying to plan a frugal, yet special birthday party.  This seems like the first time we've planned a birthday party where there will be other children there (niece and nephews.)  I ordered some lollipops from Etsy, some red "M" lollis for Mario and some green "L" lollis for Luigi.  I'm putting together my own favor boxes so that will save a little money too.  If I have time and get really crafty (doubtful though) I will make similar hats for the other kids, but make them look like red and green painters hats, with the kids' initials.  I love planning birthday parties, but only because I've never had to plan one for a ton of children. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment