- Trim off the top of the egg carton until it is completely flat.
- Turn the carton over onto a piece of tissue paper and trace it.
- Fill the compartment with small treats.
- Cut out the tissue paper and glue it over the carton.
- Cover each section with a sticker or piece of paper (so there is no peaking through the tissue paper!)
And here is what we came up with:
I take terrible photos, so I apologize for the quality.
I filled ours with mini peanut butter cups, small Reese's Pieces eggs, stickers, and money. You have to be careful when shopping for these things though, because you really can't fit much in there. A mini peanut butter cup pretty much fills it up. If you have more then one kid, you would probably need to make more then one, or use smaller candies. My daughter LOVES poking through the paper every morning to see what she gets.
Also, if you have never seen the Family Fun magazine, I highly recommend it. I received a subscription as a Christmas gift and I have gotten so many ideas from it, and fun recipes.