December 5, 2010

Just another homemade Christmas in Kentucky....

....or Iowa.  Whatever.  I finished 1 of the 3 projects that I have planned for the kids this year, and I wanted to show it off :)  M's quilt is about 75% done, just waiting for my fabric to come in the mail.  I'm planning on making a little fishing pole set for K next, and then he'll be getting these ABC's as well:







Aren't they cute?  I can't take credit for the idea, I got it here at Chez Beeper Bebe.  I did stray from the original idea because I didn't have printer ink, so I free-handed the letters.  If you look closely you will see that I hid all of the crooked letters under the nice ones...well except that nasty orange "C."  Also, she puts magnets in hers but we have magnetic letters coming out of our ears here, so I just skipped those.  The little bag was something I just threw together with some of the leftover fabric (the colors in this picture are terrible, they really are cuter in person!)  I used fabrics that I had laying around the house, some are left over from curtains, bedding, quilts, etc.  One is from an old pair of Jason's jeans.  But the majority are old fabrics that I inherited from Jason's grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment