August 12, 2009

Jumping back on the exercise band wagon

As most people that know me will know, I have been trying to lose weight (pretty much my whole life!) Jason and I started a 30 day challenge on a Wii video game (EA Active.) It was a great workout, we did all 30 days, and felt so much better. Didn't lose a lot of weight but gained energy! After that I started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. Let me tell you, that workout video will KICK your butt, even on their easiest level. I made it through 20 days, then took off a couple days because of an injured ankle. Well, taking a couple days off was enough to make it "easier" to skip days here and there. And well we are now going on three weeks. Pathetic. I decided that we (yes, I decided for both of us, I have that power) are going to get back on the exercise program again, starting right this very second. I figure posting about it here makes me a little more accountable...right? So feel free to email me and ask me if I got my lazy butt off the couch each day. I may think nasty things about you at the moment but I'll thank you later. :) Oh, and I think we are going to start back with the Wii game for 30 days. It's a little easier to stick with since the video game is mouthy and will remind me when I haven't worked out regularly. For anyone that hasn't tried either of these, here are my pros and cons:

EA Active for the Wii

Pros:
Fun
Different workout every day
Different areas of body worked out every day
Trophies are collected along the way, which is a little bit of motivation

Cons:
It's more expensive then a workout video
You have to wear the annoying little leg strap while you exercise


Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Pros:
Definitely a good workout
It's short, so just when you think you can't take it anymore it is over

Cons:
Same workout every single day (after awhile you will be talking along with them)
It is really, really intense. So if you're like me and are not fit at all, it is hard to get into at first

So there you go. Both are good workouts and even the cons are not really that bad. Just depends on how much you want to kick your own butt right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment