November 16, 2009

Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes!

I had a pumpkin leftover from Halloween so I searched online for a recipe to use it.  I tried pumpkin bread and it was....well, it sucked.  Then I found this recipe for pumpkiin pancakes.  They were wonderful!  I always have pancake mix in the cupboard, but you can do this from scratch by adding these ingredients to your recipe.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups pancake mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 large egg
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup canned or pureed pumpkin
1 cup water, more or less

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, mix the pancake mix and spices together.
2. In another bowl, whisk the egg and the brown sugar together. Stir in the oil, the pumpkin, and most of the water.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula until just combined adding more water to obtain the right consistency.
Serve hot with maple syrup.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment