December 11, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We FINALLY are returning to normal today! After 3 crazy days of snow and wind, Jason is back at work today and M is back at school. I don't know how much snow we ended up getting but it was probably around 15 inches. And the snow was followed by crazy winds that blew the snow all around. And just when we thought we had ourselves completely dug out....the snow plow goes by and shoves it all back in our driveway...twice! I really do like snow though, most people think I'm crazy. I don't even mind driving in it, unless the kids are with me.

We enjoyed our snow days though. I'd be lying if I said that the kids didn't drive me crazy, being trapped in the house for 3 days straight, but we still had fun. We watched some movies, had some homemade hot cocoa, played some "retro" video games, and just relaxed....other then shoveling snow about 8 times. M was sad that she didn't get to try out her new snow pants in the huge drifts, but the temperature here was below zero, or close to, most of the time.

We have our first Christmas party of the year tomorrow, and I think we are all pretty excited. Jason's family is having it early to plan around work schedules and other Christmas parties. It is kind of nice spreading them out though, it seems like the kids spend 4 days in a row ripping open presents, and then it's all over. This year it's kind of like having Christmas twice! We are starting a new tradition this year where we will all open a present from each other on Christmas eve. None of us have any patience and lack self control so it's a wonder that the presents are still under the tree as it is!

Still on the topic of Christmas, I finally got around to ordering Alexandria's annual ornament. In the past I've ordered from Personal Creations and Lenox. I love Lenox and their stuff is so nice, but it's also so expensive. This year I feel like I searched forever for the perfect "memorial" ornament. They are hard to come by and the sayings are not usually appropriate for a baby. Things Remembered has great ornaments, especially their Make-A-Wish line....but they charge WAY too much to have them personalized.  I finally found one at New England Ornaments. Never heard of them before, so I have no clue how it will turn out or when I will get it. I will post a picture of it here and on Alexandria's website when I get it. Here are the ones that I've bought for her first and second Christmas.


1st Christmas
The back is personalized with her name and dates



 This is my favorite so far.  It's so pretty and feminine.  The picture doesn't do it justice but it's from Lenox if you want to see it. (Update:  It is out of stock at Lenox)

No comments:

Post a Comment