May 3, 2010

The results are in!

So I found out the results of the craft contest today.  I mentioned it earlier in one of my posts but was pretty vague, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to give details.  Anyway, it's over now, so here goes!

The first 100 people to respond to an iVillage wall post on Facebook was sent these.  A 36-pack of Bic Mark-Its.  They are like Sharpies but have a wider variety of colors.  And the ones I had were fine tip.  The first thing I noticed was that they wrote on glass, which sounded fun.  I rummaged through my garage sale pile and found an old picture frame that I was going to sell for $1.  I took all of the backing out and turned the glass part into a calendar.  I used the permanent markers for pretty  much everything except to number the squares.  I did that with a dry erase marker so it could be changed every month.  Here is what I made.

If you want to see all of the entries, including the winners, click here.  I did NOT win the top prize of a $400 Michael's gift card.  I still think mine was the best though ;) but I did win the 1st runner-up prize, a $50 gift card to Michael's.  Oh yeah, and of the 100 people sent the markers only 14 decided to actually submit a craft item!

1 comment: